I don't eat right and I hate exercise, but my skin is always a priority. My mother instilled in me a need for a healthy skincare routine from a young age. While my friends were busy chatting on the school bus, I would be busy doing my morning facial exercises (stretching the facial muscles). I haven't washed my face with soap (facial, moisturizing, whatever) since I was 12 - I'm not gross, I'm just super conscientious about what I use - cleansers, scrubs, etc.
I have naturally soft skin which has always made me concerned about wrinkles; so over the years I've honed an anti-aging regimen that does wonders - I've been mistaken for a much younger age many times!
The key to protecting, nourishing, and restoring your skin is layering. It's a newfound trend in the Western world but my mom's been doing it since the 70s (ancient times)...My six-step process, after a good cleanse and tone is suitable for all skin types and concerns - as long as you adapt products for your needs (if you're 25 or older, it is time for the anti-aging products!) - it's like giving your skin a snuggle and a cuddle at bedtime.
1. L'Oreal's RevitaLift Overnight Mask has instantaneous results. The mask helps to restore elasticity so your facial contours stay defined. I have a natural frown lines on my forehead (thanks Dad!) but I saw visible results in three days! I apply the mask right after my toner - like a moisturizer.
2. Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Serum almost feels like whiter, it's lightweight enough to allow my skin to breathe but hydrating enough to give me a healthy glow.
3. Mizon Good Night White Sleep Mask is supposed to be the last step in a traditional Asian multi-step skin care regimen, but I like to layer it on top of my serum. This stuff isn't going to turn your skin white (sorry (not sorry) shade-ists!) but it will effectively balance the tone and give you a brighter complexion.
4. TONYMOLY Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick I use this stuff all day, it instantly soothes and refreshes my eyes - long nights with baby and long days in front of the computer mean tired eyes and this is a lifesaver! I use it right before my eye cream to give my eyes a little extra TLC. Also the panda is adorable!
5. Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream and Lash Serum Duo is a blessing and a curse. If I could buy just the eye cream I would because the lash serum does nothing and every time I tried to use it, the spiky "teeth" on the brush hurt my eye. The eye cream is amazing though, I apply it in three layers on my undereye area and over my lid - using my ring finger. I inherited lines under my eyes (again, thanks Dad) and this works better than the high-end equivalent!
6. Physician's Formula Day and Night Wrinkle Corrector Cream RX 121 I bought this on a whim and it's been an amazing discovery. I've been using it as sealant to my other products because it is a little heavy. It's extremely moisturizing but it doesn't have any SPF - so I only use it at bedtime. Do I think I look younger after using it - I don't think my skin has aged enough for me to tell but I know I don't look older!
It may sound like a lot of work but the best beauty investment you can make is in your skin. Any MUA will tell you that the best base for any makeup look is a good, clean canvas. I change up my products and regimen all of the time, so I'm open to ideas, tips, and tricks!